Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Sentiments of M.M.G artist Pill














I guess I can say that I was fooled as well. If I had not heard this interview, quite possibly I would not have known any better. What would seem to be the perfect set up, is truly not the golden ticket that it was perceived to be. There has been much made on the internet about Maybach Music Artist Pill's dissatisfaction with his career as it stands, and his frustration with some of the decision making by the powers that be. After the kind of year that MMG had in 2011, who expect any form of friction out of that camp? Certainly not me. Although I have had my doubts about MMG's mainstream capabilities as it pertains to BDS and Soundscan figures, there overall brand can not be questioned. Rick Ross has taken his brainchild to incomparable heights (in todays market) with the help of some height makers, namely Meek Mill and Wale. Be that as it may, I have always seen Pill as a viable contributor. Now as I re-cap, I believe that there is a lot of validity to his gripes.

I am a firm believer in the fact that an individual will reap the benefits of the hard work that they put in. I do not condone the so-called piggy-backing that happens in this world. I for one, like to stand on my own credits. BUT when you are dealing with a team, the principle should always be team work. As far as the collective goes, so shall the individuals provide it they are committed. If you hear Pill tell it, he has been committed since day one; To date I have not heard otherwise said about him. The question remains, where was the push, or is rather? We have gotten healthy doses of Wale's work, as well as Mr. Flamers himself Meek Milly. Pill took to MTV News recently to finally and quite frankly, truly, sound off. Do I agree with his approach? Not in the least. I am a large proponent of handling family beefs, as family. But therein lies the problem; I once heard it said by a wise man nonetheless, there is not always room for family in business. I guess that explains Pill's position.

In this technological/social media day and age, nothing remains a secret when you are playing on such a grand scale. It was only a matter of time before the elephant in the room would be addressed. While Ross is popping Cristal (1996 edition as he and French Montana exclaims), toasting to a new venture there is a seed is discontent within his movement. By and large, one bad apple does not spoil the batch, only in philosophy. But what can occur is a domino affect. What will happen when Wale's 3rd album comes out, and Meek Mill's does not. What if Triple C were to get their 15 minutes, and divulge? For now its mere speculation, but what is not is THE SENTIMENTS OF PILL: MMG's own. Take a listen for yourself here:



Get More: Music News





As I remind you every trip, "my words are a chance to be remembered and reprised"

No comments:

Post a Comment