Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monday's Confirmation

The season of giving thanks is only a week away, and I might have to say no more than ever I am cognizant of its principle.  The last couple of years have been the hardest, yet the most defining. I've witnessed countless loses all the while being blessed to say that I have gained and progressed.  I don't think I have dreamed as much I have recently, in my life.  Used to think it was only an element of sleep, and I tried my hardest to stay awake for fear that I would miss something.  Never really understood ambition, merely thought I was living and leaving the rest up to nature.  Sad to admit, there was a time when I did not have faith, yet asked for loyalty from others. How ironic is that?

We welcomed home my brother, years apart from his reality, his potential. That in and of itself is a hard topic for me, yet I can say that I have begun to let some of the mental chains go and look towards the better. Its hard being so hard on yourself.  Old friends have returned as well after much needed time apart. I have drunk from the fountain of I told You Say, and admittance of fault. Relinquished other titles, yet commandeered new ones.  I've stayed true to my self worth, but played mirror for others' worth of self. 
What a wonderful world.

To Give Thanks.

To understand what I have, not worry about what I need.  To realize where I need to go, instead of focusing on where I can be. Pride is my existence. The strength in some of these statements, are overwhelming. I take pause. I take comfort. I seek more. But more than anything I give thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment