Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ladies Love: Idris Elba

 
 
 
Far removed from his masterful starring in HBO's The Wire, Highly regarded British actor Idris Elba has carved out a very impressive nitche for himself in the industry today. Added to his stat sheet is March 2013 British GQ issue. Inside he dishes on his handling of the "sex symbol" status he has incurred.As an ode to his love for leather and motorcycles, check out his extremely relaxed image:
 
 
 
 
 
Highlights of the Interview include: (courtesy of British GQ)
On responding to people finding him incredibly sexy
‘The irony is I wake up every morning, look at myself in the mirror and think, “Woah, I look like a piece of s***”,’ said the Hackney lad turned Hollywood superstar. ‘You watch yourself age and it’s hard to feel like a sex symbol.’

On responding to the female fans who fawn over him
‘I’m not sure what it is they see, not to mention that, personally, I feel very awkward. There’s no way all those women would ever sleep with me and go, “I really liked him”. Some of them would go, “He was really boring or he was a bit aggressive or, urgh, actor.” But it’s a compliment and it’s a massive tool to use in sculpting a career, especially with what I do for a living because I work in the face business. So it’s a compliment and I use it accordingly.’

On playing the next James Bond
It’s a rumour. And, I have to tell you, if the producers of Bond thought that I was self-campaigning, it would be such a turn-off. I’m flattered, obviously but I’ve been advised to just pipe down about it.’


For the rest of the interview pick up March 2013 British GQ Magazine available Feb 7th
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment