Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Basquiat Mind Presents.....Francheyez






Castle Hill native with a unique sense of style, Francheyez (pronounced Franchise) is proclaimed by many to be the next big thing to hit rap. Descendant of Puerto Rican heritage, Francheyez has always been creative and ambitious as well as working towards sharing his talents with the world. After finishing high school, Francheyez chose the path which took him to Five Towns College, where his knack for DJ-ing turned into an interest in the production side of things. Francheyez began studying engineering; after graduating Francheyez weighed his options and took some to seek out his true passion in music, finally realizing that his true love was for being an MC aka Mic Controller. Soon thereafter he went to task getting as many ears for his craft as he could

After creating a buzz, Francheyez was able to secure an abundance of features as well as spots on mixtapes in addition to dropping albums of his own. Under the management of Irving Rose (Da Da Doe Entertainment, LLC.) Francheyez has begun to take his career to new heights. Currently Franzheyez is working diligently on his debut album "Money never sleeps" due out this fall, while engaging in a busy spot date and showcase schedule

For your listening and viewing pleasures you can find Francheyez music and footage readily available via the following outlets:

www.youtube.com/user/francheyezmoney

www.reverbnation/francheyezclassic

www.jango.com/music/francheyez/-full-bio

www.blackplanet.com/music/view/artist.html

Upon listening there will be no doubt in your mind that Francheyez is a rising star, and a voice that needs to be heard.


Basquiat: What's the 1st thing that comes to mind when u think about music, rap specifically?

Francheyez: When I think of music the first thing I think of is the culture, the way of life. I believe you can tell a lot about a person from the type of music they prefer to listen to. I think this is especially the case for those who prefer hip hop, which has become a major player and influence in the culture of the so called generation X, or the 80s babies if you will.



Basquiat:
What drew you to the art?

Francheyez: I’ve been in love with hip hop since as long as I could remember. The first song that really made me want to rap was Renee by the lost boys. To keep it real, I think it made me want to rap because it was the first hip hop song that my parents actually liked the lyrics to. I saw how that song impacted their emotions and I guess that made me want to have that same affect on people.



Basquiat: If you could incorporate one element from the blueprint of success from any artist what would it be? (Ex: Rick Ross' consistency and grind, LiL Wayne’s work ethic)

Francheyez:
I would have to say the most important element for me to incorporate from any artist has to be the relevance of Jay-Z. By relevance I mean his impact on the music and the culture. He is definitely relevant. No matter what time period you think of since he has lauched, Jay-Z has managed to make good music and leave his foot print. I feel when you do that you make timeless music and when you create that, your name lives on forever. Thats the type of thing "legends" are made of.


Basquiat: What made you transition from producer to artist?


Francheyez:Even as a DJ I always had the passion to write music I just didn’t have the confidence. Its a fact that without confidence people don’t want to hear what u saying. I went to school for audio engineering and that’s where I found the confidence to spit some bars. Going to school for music gave me the opportunity to surround myself with people who genuinely loved the craft. At that point, I came to find out that not everyone was good at it, so I figure it seems like anybody and everybody is trying to spit. i took it upon myself to show them what I got. As a dj I learned the importance and structure of it making a song; As an engineer I gained an understanding of what sounds good. Thats where it all started and I haven’t stopped ever since.


Basquiat
: Do you miss the production side of it?


Francheyez: Well to tell u the truth, not really. When your just a listener you don’t understand how much work goes in to making what you're listening to sound good. When you engineer you spend so much time on other people it’s really hard to find time for yourself. Now I focus all my time and energy on certain things for myself and have had a higher rate of success doing so.


Basquiat: Who are some artists u have worked with n the projects?


Francheyez: I’ve done songs with Lutes Vegaz, D Dave, Sinsai, Dot Dollas, Nel Nice, Tone Bone, D MAC, Hob Rock, God Child, Snip, Expo, 16 Barz, Nana NYC, Lanskee and the list goes on


Basquiat: What's up with 'Money Never Sleeps' When can the people pick that up?


Francheyez: Money Neva Sleeps is my 2nd mixtape and its dropping early September. You’ll be able to pick that up on any online store. Right now I got the single ready to go on iTunes and the video should be up sometime mid august. I also got a free mixtape dropping next month called Ferrari Music. All of this music is just the representation of us grinding and getting our feet wet, building up to the album


Basquiat: What's up next for Francheyez, show dates etc?


Francheyez
: I perform every Sunday @ Club Pyramid, NYC. I got a real big show on September 18th at the Iguana Lounge, in Manhattan. Besides that just grinding man, building the buzz for all projects. You can catch me @ various open mics, and on some other projects from Da Da Doe Ent coming soon!


Basquiat: Shout outs/ mentions?


Francheyez: I wanna give a shout out to the entire Da Da Doe Ent., G.M.P, my dude Lanskee , The whole SOS, M Dubb, Lynk Fam, LR, Xed Out, S.I.O, East Side pleasure, and King York productions.

thats all my fam, thank yall for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment