Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whose bias do you seek





Socrates asked whose bias do you seek, The Throne repeated and I wonder how many chose to feast in that food for thought. I have questioned myself more and more recently in the manner of "whose opinion really matters" as I do self inventory and wage this war on life and the hope for longevity, and with it success. I place no judgement before the most highs yet I am willing to and understand the importance of being grounded in a sense; put a better way- although many subscribe to the statement " I dont care what no one thinks" I dont.

It is impossible to gain any ground without acceptance of the #FACT that A)opinion does matter and B)image is everything. "Why" you might ask. For better or worse originality is fading, and with that goes subjective thinking. What we agree with today is the product of objective influences and dare I say all forms of marketing. WHat we wear, is what we see on billboards and in publications, or on our peers. WHat we eat is suggested by the amount of stars on the foyer glass of restaurants, what recite musically is a production of oversaturation and under-diversified radio playlists.

What we love we are shown, not always what we know. Do you disagree? So again I ask as did Socrates, "whose bias do you seek"

Do I seek the partiality of my friends? YES. Do i seek impartiality from strangers- YES. On both a large and small scale. For some years now I have been processing the reality of branding, or our capitalistic/materialistic/ consumerist society.If you havent i suggest you do so and when in doubt do not fall prey to the "I dont care what anyone thinks" paradigm because trust me sooner or later you it will be imperative of you that you submit; why not be early rather than on time. Preparation is paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment