Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

I think they call this venting

I made a remark last night about my developed immunity to the concept of death, and more so its occurence. I've been dealing with it for quite some time now, and I can remember a time when it hadn't hit so close to home as often as it has more recently.

If you know me then you know the most devastating thing that has ever happened took place in September of 98, and repeated itself again about a year later. From that point I thought me and the reaper had an understandding until he started showing up more and more, and I donnt mean in dreams. Then again when I think about it he's found a way to envoke such a surreality that I've lost the sense.

I know that tommorrow is never promised, but hell in more ways than one I'm starting to thinking that today isn't either. Not so much the pessimistic as people would proclaim, I'm just keeping it real, from where I sit 2010 and 2011 have been a blur. More than ever I cling to my blessings and give thanks for what and whom I have. In a couple of hours another good friend of mine will be lowered into the ground, his spirit left to hover as we live in the name, chasing "dollars" and sipping "rozay". None of that though can bring him back; can bring any of my losses back for the fact. If I had to say though, they would all pat me on the back, especially my idol and tell me keep getting out my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment