Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

BasquiatMind Presents....Yung Stud Life CEO Leek Yoba













Basquiat: Explain to people a little bit about ur background which is considered one of the 1st families in entertainent amongst Black America
Leek Yoba: I say that due to the fact that my family is already imbedded in the entertainment industry. From acting, to marketing, styling, broadcasting, to name a few fields. With that experience, I feel as though this arena is nothing new to me. My uncle, actor Malik Yoba, paved the way for the Yoba's to explore our talents and share them with the world. Now it's MY TURN! . With the Harlem Hip Hop scene up in the air, I'm not hesitant at all to step up and claim my throne as a Harlem king. My formula is to work hard, and I'm sure that I will enjoy the fruits of that labor.


Basquiat:Outside of music what other ventured do you have going on?
Leek Yoba: Aside from music I have a lot going on. I'm definitely getting it popping in the event scene. With the upcoming "Hustle Hard Ball 2012", I'm sure to make a mark on the social world as well. Sponserd by the Destined For Greatness Foundation the HHB2012 will be the largest hip-hop n r&b event yet to take place in West Palm Beach, FL area. It will include live performances from South Florida's favorite son of hip hop Ace Hood, and of course Harlem's own Leek Yoba. With the love the newest single Ready to Fly is recieving, I'm establishing a position which will allow me to make my mark in the music industry. This feel good record for the ladies has male and female fans alike Ready to Fly and anticipating whats next from me.


Basquiat: You've lived on both sides of the map L.A. And New York if you had to sum up the experiences of both how would u?
Leek Yoba: Yes I have lived on both coasts. Both in New York and L.A. , and I feel like the music I make definitely attest to that. With musical influences from NY to LA the sound is distinctive yet broad, and will appease fans from East to West and in between. With the Hustle of New York and Cali swag combined, my sound is no doubt unique and to be watched for.

Basquiat: Tell us about Young Stud Life Music Group?
Leek Yoba: Young Stud Life Music Group is the label I started based on an already established culture. YSL gang is my fam. YSL is a movement, which simply incorporates being a real man at all times in whichever field you are in, or whatever it is that you do. A Stud, to us signifies, a leader. One who lives with HONOR, RESPECT, and is about forward progress in a positive manner. Of course we love of the ladies, and good music is what YSL is all about.


Basquiat: What seperates you from other artists?

Leek Yoba: I feel like what seperates me from other artists is that, for one thing, I am actually good at writing music! Not to be overly cocky, but I feel like that there's so much garbage out there. To each his own but I'm definitly gonna clean $h*t up. I came up on music that had subsatnce, music where u actually had to be good to rock.

Basquiat: Where can the people contact you in terms of features, bookings, and such?

Leek Yoba: You can find me on Facebook as Leek Yoba, follow me on twitter @Leek_Yoba, visit my page leekyoba.com or yslmusicgroup.com. For bookings, features etc, hit me at 855.STUDLIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment