Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Basquiats Mind Presents......Gigi Be Me







In a world where keeping up wit the jones' has become the norm, it is refreshing to encounter someone who is so consumed with the authenticity of being original that they'd rather do nothing else than to be THEMSELF. Inspired by creativity and innovation, Gigi Be Me is exactly that. The producer, artists, actor, and so much more in a grand voyage; That voyage is to success. With each passing day, each moment, branding HERSELF. Not an image, not a facade, simply Gigi. With her latest release, her little baby as she calls it, Gigi is poised to have you as enamored with her existence as she is. Through good music, as well as other ventures, Gigi Be ME is here to stay. Forever remaining at the pulse of what and who is next, stand notice as GX MEDIA presents.....Gigi Be ME



Basquiat: the name Gigi Be Me is very creative? sounds like an ode to individuality, where did you come up with it?



Gigi BeMe:Well I was inspired by a great artist friend of mine Eliza B Art...Originally she coined her name Eliza B, which simply means that she is alive, she exist. I found confidence in that because all my life I have been inspired by women who were not afraid to be themselves...and when contemplating my place in this industry I found there is no one like me and I don't want to be like anyone else, so I simply can only be me...GiGi BeMe

Basquiat: Where are you from originally?



Gigi BeMe: Originally I am from the mid-west...Indiana. I relocated to NYC after experiencing some success in the midwest with Poetry and spoken word. I worked with a poetry group that transcended into a r&b neo-soul group that had influences from hip hop and pop. We felt like we should expand because clearly there were more opportunities here, we moved to NYC and history is being made.

Basquiat: You wear a lot of hats songwriter, entrepeneur, producer, model, which one is your true passion?

Gigi BeMe: Producing is my true passion...I love the feeling of giving information, the feeling of entertaining groups of people with a calculated intention that they may not have anticipated. I love creating and producing is one of the highest forms of creativity. In the industry, most artist have to take their work to a producer to get it out there...I hate waiting on people. I like to just do...producers do!

Basquiat: How do u capitalize on your sass and wit?



Gigi BeMe: Your wit can take you pretty far in life... I personally see myself capitalizing on my sass and wit specifically when I am acting and producing my talk show. Although I plan to address some pretty serious issues dealing with our society, I have a great sense of humor and plan to use that sense of humor and wit as I communicate with the masses.

Basquiat: You have a new single out correct, tell us about it?



Gigi BeMe: Yes I do..my little baby Boom Boom. It is a fun and sassy song that has some serious playful aspects to it that really capture the lane I am in. Pop music tends to be my favorite to create and I just love this song.

Basquiat: What are some of the projects/ ventures you have to your credit?



Gigi Be Me: I've done so many things over the years...one of most successful shows I've produced in New York is a Tribute to Thelonious Monk, in which Bill Cosby was my host. My tickets sold very successfully and Thelonious's son even attended and played drums. But I have placed second in the mid west region with the team in the national Slam competition, I played Lena Horne last summer on Off Broadway, which was a great experience. I performed all throughout the city with Lyrical Fusion and Black Rebel Indians. I even had a chance to be in the Run This Town video, which it was fabulous being able to meet Jay Z.. He is my favorite.

Basquiat: You are an extreme humanitarian I understand, how did you realize that calling?

Gigi Be Me: When I was young, I was awkward..I didn't fit in with the in crowd. I think it began then, the compassion for people that are different than you or misunderstood. As I grew, so did my empathy and compassion for other human beings. I have grand ideals and concepts for the world but they will develop at the right time and place. Like building schools and restructuring communities.

Basquiat: How'd you hook up wit chris Rodgers on the track Boom Boom?



Gigi Be Me: I worked really hard for several years to gain the attention of a producer by the name of Genard Parker...once I convinced him to take a chance on me, he introduced me to Chris and we got to work. And Boom Boom was born.

Basquiat: Where do you see your brand settling @ in the next 5 years?



Gigi Be Me: I see myself expanding in entertainment by branching off into some serious acting and hosting. Being a television host is one of my biggest dreams. Soon come, soon come.


Basquiat: Where can people catch you and your music/ some of the other ventures you have a hand in?

Well right now, no I mean that, this very minute you can go to itunes and cop Boom Boom, I swear it will be the best 99 cents you have ever spent. just type in GiGi BeMe and Boom Boom and you can have me right there in your home. We are working on a college tour and a video. The video should be available on my youtube channel gigibeme all one word, in a month or so or I can keep you abreast by following me @gigibeme on twitter or fb.

No comments:

Post a Comment