Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lupe Fiasco considers Retirement





Far be it for me to go astray from my ultimate belief that controversy sells. I STAND FIRM! However I must admit that in the case of something like this:

LUPE FIASCO CONSIDERS RETIREMENT

I have to face the fact that there is the possibility that this is not a publicity stunt. The reason I say this is that he is forever under scrutiny for choice of words, his style, his approach, and most of all his outspokenness. I remember Kick, Push but I remember Dumb it Down more for some reason. Ask me why? It was the content. That song along set the stage for all that has become LUPE FIASCO. Love him or hate him, he is unigque. He is talented. He is Just, and if he does just what he is considering, he will be missed!

READ THE HEADLINE:

(via Twitter):

 “This album will probably be my last, Its been a pleasure to have all my fans provide so much love an inspiration for me and my family.”

Not certain if his next project will be the last, contractually he still owes Atlantic one more album, and all along there were always plans for a sequel to Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1
I am a firm believer that where there is a smoke there is potential for fire. And I do recognize a good stunt when I see one. Let's just see how this one plays out.  Can his words:

 “But my heart is broken and i see no comfort further along this path only more pain. I cannot participate any longer in this, I have spoken peace only 2 receive vitriol and malice in return. My brother seeks destruction my sister seeks attention paths to nothingness.” via Twitter)

BE THE TRUTH, or is he just like everyone else, looking for ways to SELL.

STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment