Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Grown Folks do the Darndest things




So here I am perusing the internet, and I come across a story titled, "Bill Cosby tells Russell Simmons to get the (expletive) out my face." Stop the presses. Not Mr. Cliff Huxtable and uncle Russ. No way. Page Six reports,

"Page Six reports that during the Jackie Robinson Annual Awards Dinner at the Waldorf-Astoria last week, Bill told Russell Simmons to "get the [bleep] out of my face." SMH. Isn't it hard to imagine Dr. Huxstable using those words? Funny as hell though.

So where does this beef come from? The NY Post says the two icons has been beefing since 2009 when Russell criticized Bill's "State of Emergency" campaign promoting socially conscious rap music. Russell took issue with Bill telling young folks how to express their music and words and that upset Bill.

Russell approached Bill at the dinner saying, "I wanted to find him to apologize, to tell him I was sorry about my statements and to tell him that I loved him." But then....Mr. Cosby said, "Get the [bleep] out my face!"

And if that wasn't enough, Russell says Bill "walked by me and bumped me with his shoulder as I walked offstage after presenting my award to Sean [Combs, who was honored at the event] . . . I then loved him even more."


Wow ...who wouldve known Bill Cosby got down like that? Well he is a product of that old Black Pride, the type that would go up against THE MAN to prove its point; sheesh....When its all said and done, what happened to being a role model and expressing yourself in an appropriate manner. Was that not what he was preaching to Hip Hop. All that went out the window huh. Tell em why you mad Bill

SHOCKING.

No comments:

Post a Comment