Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Note to Colleagues...IM DONE




In similar fashion I imagine, L.A. Reid stepped down via email from his position as President of Def Jam. In awkward fashion, the email boasted of his being proud over the roster and then his decision to leave:


“Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through
argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.”

“To my Island Def Jam family: After much consideration, I have decided to leave my position as Chairman of the Island Def Jam Music Group.

“I have always thrived on growth and the next great challenge, and I look forward with much enthusiasm to what the future holds.

“I am extremely proud of our beautiful roster and all we have accomplished in my seven years with IDJ. We continue to have incredible success together with today’s most phenomenal superstars - Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey (she reportedly will follow L.A.), Kanye West, Bon Jovi, Jennifer Lopez, Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, The Killers, The-Dream, Chrisette Michele, Jeezy and Ludacris to name a few.

“I want to thank all of you for your amazing contributions.

“With Warm Regards -
LA”


Really? How proud could you be if youre leaving. I guess this was ominous for quite sometimes, lets be honest when was the last time Def Jam was #winning. I'll give you some time to think about it. And its a shame cause Def Jam was once the end all be all of rap; it was BIG to say you are signed to Def Jam, now it seems to be a graveyard. No disrespect intended but its roster hasnt currently been putting out any Rap Hits; R and B wise De Jam has managed to stay afloat with Ne-yo, Rihanna, Chrisette Michelle, Jeremih, and Justin Bieber; Rap wise though (thumbs down). Sad but true.

So L.A. Reid has decided to grab his coat and hit the highway- typical. Pardon me for being facetious, it is true that all good things must come to an end and every person has their inherent time clock, which ticks right about the time when you realize there is nothing left, or things just arent going the way you intended. So Im guessing that search will go into high gear for a successor. Let the rumors begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment