Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

White Women Do It TOO

http://madamenoire.com/50822/white-women-do-it-too-8-things-black-women-can%e2%80%99t-get-away-with-doing/9/

By lesaundra Williams


I love when someone can expound on some of the most un-thought about scenarios of the world. It is all too well known, the disparity or uneven playing field if you will that exists in today's society. A mere opening of your eyes will provide you sufficient evidence. In Fear of God, Pusha T put it best when he said, "The Lohan's get off, the T.I.'s we just stare through them." Let the marinate for a minute.

Truth is "they" (for lack of a better term) inevitably get away with what they want and we are left to suffer consequences. There are so many double standards, to the point where it has become second nature, and we are indoctrinated. That indoctrination has forced us to re-enact. For kicks, light skinned vs dark skinned, long hair vs. short hair, so on and so forth. Fellas if you haven't checked in with them in a minute, ask the sisters what they really feel about our preference. If you fit that mold, so be it, stand up for it; but if you dont, do your best to convince one otherwise.


For quite some time I have taken to the practive of not blaming the man, rather I blame us. My mantra is if you cannot work to change it then do not complain. WIth that said I am on a personal plight to change things, hopefully for as many people as I can. Excuse does not rest within me anymore.

If you have a moment you should really check out the sisters literature, she is dope! And if you get a chance tell her I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment