Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Basquiat Presents: Rika the Model








Born Erika Pitner in the BX, this rotten apple native plans to sweeten the core. Offering more than a pretty face, she's NEXT UP; a force to be reckon with. Much more than a female looking to capitalize off her good looks; she's wholesome, ambitious, caring and most of all- REAL. Priding herself on being down to earth and flexible. The ability to bring innovative approaches to the game is priceless. That's RIKA- TGO Model.

Falling in love with being "girly" and captivating through the inspirations of legends like Janice Dickinson and Tyra Banks, she realized a long time ago the impact and the worth of a good picture- a story to be told well worth a thousand words.

On the cusp of achieving her dream- exposure, longevity, Rika sat down to kick it with Basquiat and give you all a piece of her mind to go with the beautiful face.



What made you fall in love with the camera?

The thing that made me fall in love with the camera was the fact that you can tell a story with out words

what are 3 quotes that you live by:

Live, laugh, love; Things happen for a reason; When you think small you get small results

What do you think is the best part of your physical appearance

I have a few and its not fair that I have to choose one lol; but if I had to I would say my legs

Have you been in any publications

Not at the moment but in a matter of time; remember the name RIKA and the face..

Describe your personality

My personality centers around being a loving person; I have a good heart and I love to give back. Also I am a very spontaneous individual and I like to laugh.

What do you look for in a guy?

Honestly, appearance plays a major role. If I'm not attracted to you most likely we will just remain friends. I would say I like men that are humble, very laid back, and most importantly very goal-oriented. Last thing I look for in a man is understanding- me as woman; and be willing to support me no matter what route I choose.

What is romance to you?

Romance to me is the feeling between two individuals with strong chemistry whose love is pure. For example a home cooked meal and a blockbuster night can outdue an expensive night at an restaurant with candle lite dinners

What are some obstacles you have encountered in the business

One of the obstacles that I'm coming across as of now is trying to get noticed. We are in a era where thick females are taking over and my slim figure kind of limits my appeal so to say the males. However, the good thing is that my look does not deter magazines.

Does being attractive have any disadvantages

Yes of course it does. For one by me being a female, men sometimes think with the wrong head lol. A situation happened where I was dealing with a photographer and I was all business and he wanted more. I'm guessing if I was unattractive the situation would of played out differently. Also I'm starting to notice that men get intimidated by my looks. The irony is little do people know, I'm shy. I had to save the best for last by me being attractive men tend to believe that its all looks. THATS NOT ME! That's only one aspect. I'm very intelligent. I have goals and standards. Don't let the looks fool you.

What are your interests outside of modeling

No one knows this but I like to sing. Its just something that I play around with but recently I've been getting more serious about it. Who knows, I might pursue that next

What do you plan on bringing to the modeling game

I plan on bringing hard work and determination with a twist of different looks and styles all the while taking beautiful pictures. I have a story and great ideas that I'm willing to express thru pictures.


Model Specifics:

Height: 5'7
Weight: 120
Waist: 27
Hips: 29inches
Cup: 36b
Shoe size:7
Hair color: Red and black
Hair length: Shoulder length
Eye color: Brown


They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder; I agree, I also tend to believe that its a PERSON that is beautiful. Everything about their portrayal and principles. In todays world, character gets lost in appearance. By no means am I here to promote that. Being well rounded will always take precedence in my book. As such, I bring you GENUINE PEOPLE with GENUINE DREAMS. As I share my mind with you, so do desire the same. Support someone's vision because when its all said and done you're always gonna need someone to support yours.



Basquiat

No comments:

Post a Comment