Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to the L'CREME Era









Established in 2000 by designers David Joseph and Sean Wasserman, L'Creme prides itself on innovation and individuality. By fusing the sports, music, and pop culture, L'Creme has embarked on a journey to do what no other brand has ever done. The brain child of two self proclaimed "stylista's" L Creme offers quality T shirts and crewnecks at the moment, but the entire blueprint calls for a full line of articles from jeans to hoodies and more.

Representative of a resurgence in urban streetwear, L'Creme provides hard hitting designs and quality clothing. With longevity in mind, the "Creme d le Creme" is a brand to get familiar with. Not your average, and not looking to be accepted, rather to set the trend for years to come.

I got a chance to interview David, and got some insight on what fashion as a whole is to him, and what he and his partners plight is with their brand. So get in tuned with the line, the brand, the movement....L'Creme


Tell me about yourself, where are you from?

David Joseph, a sports junkie born in Montreal Canada and raised in Queens NY


What does fashion mean to you?

Fashions means everything to me. It's a living, breathing thing.


What do you define your personal style as?

Tough question, lol....I like to mix it up; I fuse different looks together. I may rock a L'Creme crewneck with a button up underneath with a bowtie as well as throw a jean jacket on. I'm an avid sneaker collector, so I like to throw on a pair a Jordan's or Nike's with whatever I'm wearing. Sometimes I wear a pair of Dockers with some Sperry's. It's all about how I feel at that moment. Without a doubt my outfit will tell you how I'm feeling.


How did your environment inspire your personal style?

I learned from the dope boys aka drug dealers as far as getting fly is concerned. They had the best/expensive clothing you can think of. I emulate some of that when I throw on a $1000 dollar coat or $500 dollar shoes; That element of being fly was always appealing to me


When did you realize you wanted to design?

I've always had a passion for clothing and fashion; I can't really pinpoint an exact time specifically but if I had to say I would probably say when I got out of college was when I began to pursue my dream of having a clothing line.


What did you feel was the void in fashion that L'Creme could fill?

Fashion in my Point Of View expressed in a raw manner.


What is your target market?

13 to 34, which is very broad, but with our design I feel anyone at anytime can identify with the clothing; Whether it is a 13 yr. old skater looking for the next cool tee or a 35 yr old sports fan that saw our "Suns" remake and was brought back to that time period.


How did you go about fusing music, sports, and culture in your designs?

By Recreating the sports theme through nostalgia. We tie music lyrics and concepts into a design. We use current or past pop culture phenomenon and create a piece that defines it


Describe the general process you go through to design and then realize a piece?

My partner Sean and I brainstorm an idea we may have gotten from a commercial or by listening to the words of a song. Thats the INSPIRATION portion of it. Once a concept is developed, Sean draws an image of the concept, and we both try and perfect it from there, deciding on the colors and placement. We mock the design with different colors, and then the piece is born.


For example, The wildcat tee is based on a high school gym tee shirt and the reason that the Wildcat was chosen was based on a wild night of fun I had with a group of friends; I referred to that as wildcats night. Thats the PG version (laugh)


What do you believe makes a quality article of clothing?

The time and effort you commit to it being perfect.



Fashion is everything. They say first impression is everything, and appearance is key. I am a firm believer in those principles. Its rare that you can find a line, a brand, which you can say identifies everything that you live for and by. L'Creme is here to fill that void; Music, Sports, Pop Culture. our culture, from fly boys to athletes, none will be disappointed. Support the brand of the future- L'Creme

For sales info:
David Joseph
L'Creme Clothing
www.lcremeclothing.com
(718)663-1365

1 comment:

  1. Love this clothing line!! I represent it everywhere I go!

    ReplyDelete