Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

THINK......

Before you speak- is that a foreign concept? To some yes; to others no. Advantage: the conscious ones. If you need to ask why, then u may subscribe to the former. No judgement, just advice: Cross over as fast as you can. (Tim Hardaway fast will suffice). If not tribulations are looming, sort of like this guy. Meet Nir Rosen, journalist @ NYU's Center for Law and and Security; Mr Rosen felt the need to do the unthinkable, insensitive and un-diplomatic act of taking to twitter to criticize reporter Lara Logan who was sexually and physically abused while on location in Egypt during the recent uproar.

(Taking a moment out to wish her the best and hope for a speedy recovery)

Mr Rosen has since been ridiculed and scrutinized, and oh yeah not to mention he quit his job ("willfully"). Nevertheless he has made his bed. Asshole sized @ that and he has to lay in it. His response, "I feel like shrinking now, I am embarrassed for what I have done and how many people I offended. On twitter I often banter and argue with various acquaintances...we don't regard it as a place to make serious statements. After all at least I thought its just social media, but that was idiotic of me and I showed terrible judgement." (Thurs 2/17 Metro NY paper)

My response: "Ya think"


I am no expert at anything- yeah yeah I admitted it, for those who know me; but one thing I do keep in mind is watching what I say, you never know who is listening. If you haven't mastered that, practice starting today. Might help save your sanity

1 comment: