Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grown a#% man I can stand on my own two




I can imagine that being the frame of mind Wiz was in when he put the finishing touches on ROLLING PAPERS; when originally announced, the project was expected to have a bunch of features. By the time it wnt to press, Wiz decided that he would keep the album assistance to a minimum and focus on building his own respect and brand, "I trimmed it down and I just kept it regular because I wanted to save that suspense of me working with these other artists and making these huge records, I wanted to save that. I figured with my first album I could accomplish establishing my own identity and that's what I really wanted to do with this music and when that happens, I can do all that other stuff."

I'm not mad @ him. too often artists piggy back the buzz of others by featuring them on their album, therefore being outshined and unrecognized. We the public begin to expect a feature on every song. Think of how many times you called an artist a good feature but shaky when it comes to solo efforts. Hats off to Wiz for wanting to seperate himself from that category.

ROLLING PAPERS IN STORES NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment