Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

ODD FUTURE

Selling Out, Going Commercial, Crossing Over, all of these criticisms seem to become synonomous with one another when speaking upon persons who have accomplished "main stream" success. In an interview with Paper Magazine, Odd Future's front man Tyler the creator spilled his blueprint for selling out:

1. Buy a mink made out of an ostrich's a**.
2. Do a song with some artist who sounds stupid.
3. Get a photo with Justin Bieber wearing a green jacket.
4. Get some ice gold. It has to be gold.
5. Have a sex tape with a Disney star. (Paper Mag)
6. Make a gospel album.
7. Do a commercial for f*cking Kia.
8. Get a f*cked up haircut like will.i.am.
9. Make sh*t that sounds different from your first album.
10. Make a dance record with Lil' Zane. (Paper Mag)

When asked what he desires Tyler had this to say: "I'm hungry for greatness. I want to be great, I want to be an icon. I want when I die, I want people to cry -- I'm hungry for VMA's and Grammy's, that's what I'm hungry for. You know? F*ck this underground bullsh*t...Greatness is a different definition to different people...Greatness if the f*cking song that I wrote last week, somebody might not find that great but it's great to me. And that's all that matters, what the f*ck I think in my head -- Greatness to me is finally getting my video played on MTV. It's on there now and I'm f*cking, I'm happy. I finally got my sh*t on f*cking MTV and some people may think that's selling out or whatever but I don't really give a f*ck. That's f*cking great to me. I'm proud of myself. I've been wanting that since I was seven years old and I finally got that sh*t. Hard works pays the f*ck off."

That it does, hard work is the prerequisite to all things great, without you will be able to @ most, get by. With the type of bidding war that is going on for the services of Odd Future, I'd have to say that Tyler just might be credible enough to teach a course in budding success. what do you think?

Check out some Odd Future music:

Tyler the Creator:







Check them out on Jimmy Fallo:

No comments:

Post a Comment