Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Homage due?

when you really think about it, Rule has a point he did kind of pioneer this soulful spin on rap with the harmonizing, or rather melodious songs. 50 came out and used that as a platform for attack, then turned right around and re-enacted it. To date, Kanye West, Drake, and some others have made a mark doing so. Is Ja Rule correct in saying that some credit is due? Numbers dont lie, late 90s to early 2G's he had a headlock on sales. That tells a story in and of itself. According to Ja Rule:

“I always admit it. I’m a shallow singer. But I think that’s what attracted people to what I was doing, because I made you feel like you too could do this,” he explained. “I’m not blowing Luther Vandross notes over here! You could do what I’m doing.”

POINT TAKEN...FOR MORE OF THE INTERVIEW:

Ja Rule Recieves Wisdom From Supreme Regarding Prison Sentence

First part of your post goes here!
Rest of Entry goes here!

Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment