Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Basquiat Presents...Toya Aka @IAMTHESTARGIRLZ





An MC, not defined by gender yet empowered by it; an ambassador- a motivator. A rapper. You might catch her in a battle, more than lucky writing a song, either way you get her all. An artist, inspired by originality, influence by some of the greats. All about putting her work in, Toya is not trying to nor does she want to be the next anybody, she is simply satisfied with being herself; Witcall her Stargirl....CEO/ Founder of Stargirlz Ent, Latoya Wright is more than your average up and coming artist. In more ways than one, she's made, although some of you haven't noticed as of yet. No worries, when its all said and done she will become a house hold name. Why? Because thats what she deserves, and if you ask Ms. Wright, she always gets what she deserves.

10 years deep in the game, and no signs of letting up anytime soon. Entrepeneur, artist, all around move maker; Basquiat Presents to you....the star of stars, StarGirl Ent's own Latoya Wright


What transpired that sparked the realization in you that your gift of creativity could turn into a career?

My drive and the love people have for my music


What seperates you from other female artsts?

I am a single parent and I own my label and my experiences


Rappers in general?

Im real and I rap about my life which can only come from me as an individual


Who are some of your influences?

My influences would have to be MC Lyte, Salt n Pepper, Tina Turner, Lauryn Hill, Lil Kim and Jay Z


Define your style/ approach to creating music?

My style is a combination of Hip Hop, Reggae and R&B. My approach to creating music is to let it happen naturally and then master it


Where can the public can find your music?

The people can definitely find my music on Youtube. They can also follow me on twitter for updates at @_MsWright_ or @IAmTheStargirlz

Which do you prefer, battling or song writing?

Personally I prefer song writing

What was the biggest show u have done so far and what did u learn from the experience

The biggest show I've done was about 7years ago an opening for mtv's dating show and I learned that the stage is my destiny

What are some of the pros and cons of being in a group vs solo artist

well being in a group is difficult because you have more opinions to deal with as well as egos clashing; being solo gives you the opportunity to apply more originality

Whats up wit Stargirl Entertainment?

Stargirl Entertainment is my label. Right now we're putting the work in and we are on the come up so look out for us

Do you consider yourself an ambassador for the art of exrpession for women of all color and ages?

Yes I do. I am a women that fights for what I believe in and demands respect. Thats a lot easier said than done. With that strength I've overcome many obsticales and I cant wait to share my experiences with women all over the world

No comments:

Post a Comment