Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ever wanted to make history?






Did you know exactly how to go about it? Probably not; Sad but true, there's really not a blueprint for such things and as much as people try to explain only one thing remains true- Success takes hard work. Branding, self-promotion, etc all take effort. Although good things may come to those who wait, nothing comes to one who sits idle.

Facts resonate more than opinion I know this to be true. With just that in mind, I sought tangible evidence for you in the form of one Swizz Beats aka The Monster. Swizz Beats is on a mission to take the term Renaissance Man to a new level. His latest effort is a joint venture with Reebok, to re-launch and re-establish the Reebok Classic shoe.

Check out the trailer:




"Everything that I do, I'm trying to make history. If I can't vision making history with that certain partnership and brand, I can't be a part of it. Everything that I've been doing, I've been able to achieve. Whether that was with [helping design] Aston Martin, whether it's with Louis Vuitton, whether it's back in the days when I started Kid Robot, my music, it's a whole bunch of things that I got going on and I feel the same synergy with Reebok giving me the keys and letting me do what I do." (Swizz beats to sohh.com)

Sounds like a #winning recipe to me. What do you think? When its all said and done, that should be the means by which you select what you want to partake in. If something does not have longevity or productive potential, then why waste time. Thats how I see it. If I had a chance to ask him myself, Im sure Swizzy would agree. Shout out to Swizz for being named Creative Director of the Reebok Classics brand. Big things are definitely popping with that. SHOWTIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment